My little space

This is a place for me to express myself and vent. You can keep updated on what's going on in my life since I'm not very good at keeping everyone updated elsewhere!!!

Friday, September 29, 2006

Back to the ER

Well, last night, my pain started back. I was drinking tons of fluid but when I went to the bathroom, there was very little to come out. What did come out was filled with blood. I showed it to Scott and I think he kinda freaked out a bit. LOL!
So, another jaunt to the ER since we waited on "hold" for nearly 2 hours before we could reach the doctor that did my surgery.
They did an x-ray to make sure the stent was still in place, they poked me twice to get blood for bloodwork. I peed in a cup...and of course, I've got an infection. I didn't have a fever, thank goodness, but can I tell you how crabby this nurse was???

She asked why I was there, well, I can't exactly talk because the night before I had a tube shoved down my throat. I was trying to explain what was going on but it was a little difficult and I had to keep stopping to clear my throat.
Then she asked what drugs I had taken before I came in. Well, I pulled out all the bottles for her to see. She proceeds to ask, "Well, which ONE of these did you take before you came tonight?" I had to explain to this poor lady with multi-colored skunk hair that I, indeed took EVERY one of the medicines I had laid in front of her about 2 hours earlier.
It's not uncommon to take a pain killer (which didn't work all that well), an antibiotic and a urinary antiseptic tablet all at once! They got me in a room. I didn't actually see a doctor, just the PA. I really didn't care, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to keel over from loss of blood. So the other nurse comes in, can't find a vein, but attempts to draw blood from my right arm. NO such luck. I don't even think I bled when she poked me or pulled out the butterfly.
So, she goes to get this much older, much more experienced nurse. Well, the new nurse looks, my left arm is bruised from where they took blood on Monday. My right arm...well, the first nurse didn't find blood there, so there was no use trying there again.
My right forearm is where they put my IV for my surgery. So finally she opts for the back of my left hand. Let me tell you! Thank goodness I took my pain meds before I went or I surely would have been off that table. It HURT! She dug around for a minute and finally the blood started flowing. She took 4 vials of blood and it took forever. I wasn't dehydrated. I had consumed a minimum of 32 ounces of liquids less than an hour before I got there. Hence the concern when I only peed enough to cover the bottom of a cup. LOL!
Anyway, my bloodwork came back ok, other than the infection in my urine, I'm ok. Other than the 12 inch stent from my bladder into my kidney, I'm ok. It's all normal, routine stuff. Now, I just have to get ready for the removal next week! I'm sooooo looking forward to that!

Thanks for listening!

3 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger ashkaitnjakesmom said...

Oh my gosh you POOR THING!!!!! Thank god your ok!!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger chaos is my life said...

Well, I guess we're just stuck inside and puny together. LOL! I'll make it but I feel like I have to pee every 30 seconds. That's the worst of it.
UGH!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Riki said...

I am glad they got it out but it sucks that you got them at all!!! Feel better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home