My little space

This is a place for me to express myself and vent. You can keep updated on what's going on in my life since I'm not very good at keeping everyone updated elsewhere!!!

Monday, June 05, 2006

Change of Plans!

We had planned on going to the zoo today but at 10:30, we were still all laying around. To get everyone moving, I decided to bribe Scott and the kids with Olive Garden. We had the all you can eat soup and salad and PIGGED out! After eating, we hit the Goodwill. Scott got a pair of jeans and the kids got a couple of books. After the Goodwill, we kept driving and ended up on Otter Creek Rd. in Nashville. Otter Creek leads to Radnor Lake so on the spur of the moment, we decided to take a hike.
Off we went to enjoy the wildlife. For anyone who loves being outdoors, this is an awesome hike. We saw soooooo many animals on our walk and it was really amazing. Let's see...here's a list of the animals we got to experience:
snakes, tiny little bitty frogs, a huge bullfrog, squirrels, birds, a hummingbird, geese and baby geese, turtles, chipmunks, dragonflies, bunnies and lizards.
Ok, so I know a lot of you might be grossed out by all these creatures, but I find them REALLY cool. Heck, I might go by myself sometime to take it all in again. Cameron wouldn't be quiet and I'm sure he scared off more animals than we saw. (Not to mention the girl that SCREAMED when we were walking down the trail when she saw a black snake.)
We met a really nice lady and her son near the welcome center. Her husband was a ranger there and she and her little boy were enjoying the scenery. I'm so jealous that they get to live in a park like that. we talked to her for probably half an hour while Cameron and her son, John, played. He was just a tiny little thing...20 months old. He fell down and Cameron helped him back up and wiped the dirt off his bottom for him. LOL! We walked for another 20 minutes and ended up back at the car.
We headed back towards Smyrna and decided to pick up some things for dinner at Publix.
Julia, my observant child, informed me that there was a sign at the end of one of the aisles that said, "No Card, No a$$" It was supposed to say No Card, No Hassles. Julia insisted that I had to inform someone. LOL. She didn't want anyone else to have to read it. LOL!
After that, we went to K.D. Fudds. I got Cake and Batter ice cream. It was awesome. I pigged out on that, ate my sushi and have been hanging out watching TV and doing laundry since.
Hopefully we'll actually make it to the zoo tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

You're making me hungry! Sounds like a great day overall though.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger ashkaitnjakesmom said...

LOL, on the sign! I hadn't noticed that! Sounds like you had another great outdoor day. Your good at doing that with your kids!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home